Pages

Jul 18, 2013

Kabuki!

Hi!

This is Ryoko from Yostuya Business Garden.

The temperature of Japan is so hard to bear!
But the mild weather made me so happy in these days.. 

One super hot day, I went to a Japanese traditional kabuki theater in Ginza.



Do you know "Kabuki"?
It's a traditional form of theater with roots tracing back to the Edo period.


It is an art form rich in showmanship. It involves elaborately designed costumes, eye-catching make-up, outlandish wigs and exaggerated actions performed by actors.
They speak an old-fashioned form of Japanese.
I needed to study the story before I saw the theater, otherwise I
could hardly understand it.
Also, I used an earphone guide service. It was so helpful!



The inside of the theater was like this. Many people wore Kimono.


And this is the stage! The colours of the dropped curtain is really traditional.


You can eat "obento" at your seats!!


It was really unforgettable experience for me!

See you on next Thursday.


Ryoko


【Shinjyuku Business Garden】
   4th Floor Grand Opening!
 More information ⇒⇒⇒ Please call us! 03-6890-1111



Yotsuya Business Garden
8-37 Sanei-cho,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0008
TEL:03-3358-1913 FAX:03-3358-1914(Outside of Japan:+81-3-3358-1913)
-Office Hours-
Weekdays 9:00-20:00
(Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays):Closed




No comments:

Post a Comment