Pages

Oct 5, 2013

Japanese Temple Wedding

Hello, this is Meg from Business Garden Yotsuya Annex.
 
One of my cousins got married last Sunday at Toyama.
He is a Buddhist monk, his family runs Joudo- shinshu Temple.
 
I attended their wedding ceremony of Buddhism way.
Actually, I had attended in his parent's wedding ceremony at the same place about 30 years ago.
 
I think it was very happy!
 
A beautiful bride with Japanese traditional kimono entered  the front gate of the temple.
 
 
Japanese traditional drums and transverse flute for celebrate
 
 
 
 
 
Mochi-tuki (rice cake making ceremony)by a groom and a bride 
 
 
 
Mochi-maki, it is a traditional ceremony of the wedding of Hokuriku area.
Many participants had fun to catch Mochis the main monk of the temple had been thrown.
When I was child, I had have fun to take part in Mochi-maki.
 


 

 


 


 

Megumi

Business Garden Yotusya Annex
Tel 03-5366-4700 Fax 03-5366-4701(Out side of Japan : +81-3-5366-4700)
http://www.yotsuya-bg.jp/annex/en/

Office Hours

Weekdays 9:00-20:00
Saturday, Sunday, and National holidays : Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment