Pages

Dec 22, 2015

Horseback riding by the seashore in Ishigaki island (4)      

Hi, everyone!


This is the last episode of my trip to Taketomi & Ishigaki islands.
There are many more things I would like to share, but they are going to be long stories.


I took a ferry back to Ishigaki island in the early morning of the 3rd day.

I headed to a beach directly from the ferry terminal for a horseback riding!
Even though I don't have many experience of horseback riding, it is always fun to try.


Beautiful white horse but he is not on the duty today.
I guess he is just chilling.






Here are the names and characteristics of the horses.

Their origins are mainly the Japanese breed of horses such as Yonakuni uma and Miyako uma.
Compare to the horse came from outside, they are smaller but has more physical strength to work as our partner.

By the way, my partner to take a walk today was Kakeru.

He is introduced as "a son of the white horse Ron, he has beautiful long hair and is a nice looking prince. hahaha.







All horses are well trained and very smart.
They know what to do with a person who is a beginner like me.


Me taking a walk with Kakeru by the seashore !
Looking carefully at the horse, you can find that he is putting a traditional Ryukyu style horse gear.
It is called UMUI and made of natural materials such as woods and ropes.

Unlike the horse gear made of metal, wooden made UMUI doesn't give stress to horses and it is easy to handle by beginners.

People who can make UMUI is now very limited because of the lack of the successor, my instructor said.





On the middle of the way, my trainer found a big black crab which is locally called "gasa gani."

He said it was very rare to be found this big size and steamed gasa gani was so tasty.
So, there is no doubt that he will bring it home for his dinner.






What was funny is that he found another big gasa gani at the end of the walk.
He got so lucky to find 2 of them at the short period of time.
I can't even describe how happy he was!







After enjoying the horseback riding, I went to Kabira beach.
This beach is said that the most beautiful beach in Ishigaki island.






I took a glass boat tour for 30 minutes.
The colorful coral leaves and the tropical fish were under the water.






After the glass boat tour, I went back to the car and the female driver and a lady at the ticket booth were so excited talking about Kenta Kiriya, a popular actor.

They said that he came along just minutes ago and they shook hands with him!
Oh, I missed that opportunity!  I was minutes late!


Anyway, I am glad if you are interested in the islands of Okinawa.
There are more islands but Ishigaki and Taketomi.

If you like visiting tropical islands, they are definitely the places for your next trip!!









Have a nice week!





◆◆◆ Shibuya Business Garden ◆◆◆

http://www.shibuya-bg.jp/office/
TEL: 03-6892-1111
FAX: 03-6892-1151

Office Hours
Weekdays: 9:00 to 20:00
Saturday: 9:00 to 14:00




Sunday and Holidays: closedShibuya Business Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment